The UK early-stage venture capital market is currently experiencing major changes. With private funds – once the bedrock of start-up investment for entrepreneurs – moving away from the early stage, it is not just entrepreneurs but the economy as a whole that will be affected. The shift comes at a time when there is real pressure for the UK to build great global companies to match those of the US, India and China as well as a harsher environment in which to start a new business. But as long as investors continue drifting away from the smaller deals that new firms depend upon, many businesses will struggle to get a foothold.
Download it here.
- Venture Capital: No Longer a Business of Small Investments in Early Stage Companies (businessinsider.com)
- Mark Cuban: This Tech VC Bubble Is Like A Ponzi Scheme (blogs.wsj.com)
- Show me the money (startupnorth.ca)
- Early Stage Venture Capitalist Calls for Federal Government Response to Venture Crisis (prweb.com)
- Venture capital vs self-funded for high growth technology businesses. This was surprising. (businessofsoftware.org)
- Where The Ladies At? Funds Seek To Bring Diversity To VC (blogs.wsj.com)
- Canadian venture capital spending shows ‘very concerning’ dip (business.financialpost.com)
- New Peer to Peer Venture Capital Investing Website Launches in Austin, TX (prweb.com)
- jobsite123.com Invited to Present at Another Venture Capital Gathering (prweb.com)
- Why We Wrote Venture Deals (askthevc.com)